Abstract submissions have now closed for the Congress.
- Accreditation and Certification – leadership and management; strategic planning; change management; human resource development and management; staff engagement; accreditation.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – computer assisted coding; machine-learning in health; smart/wearable devices.
- Clinical Documentation Integrity/Improvement, Data Integrity – best practice strategies; program development and evaluation; quality measures; advancing CDI through technology.
- Digital Health/Digital Transformation – Health Informatics; EMRs; health information systems development and implementation; personal health records; consumer health informatics; aged care heath informatics; primary care health informatics; mHealth (mobile technologies in health); health information and social media.
- Global Workforce – international health information management; practice and perspectives; comparative systems.
- Health Data Quality and Analytics – health data standards; data quality; clinical data management; data analytics; business intelligence; applications of health data.
- Health Information Governance, Privacy and Security – Medico-legal issues and practices; ethical governance; privacy; confidentiality; health data and information security policies and practices; cybersecurity and protection of health information.
- Health Information for Patient Safety and Quality of Care – recording strategies and formats for patient safety; clinical indicators; patient outcome measures; data for value-based healthcare; health data underpinning models of care.
- ICD-11, Clinical Coding and Health Classifications – health classification; coding quality; activity-based funding and casemix; clinical costing; applications of coded data.
- Research, Education and Training – professional pathways; scholarship of learning and teaching; workforce; approaches to staff training; professional development.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my submission was successfully received?
If there are any incomplete steps, you will not be able to submit your abstract. Please complete all required fields marked with red asterisk before submitting. You will be able to view a proof of your abstract when you click on the Submit button. You will also receive a confirmation email from the system following successful submission of your paper.
2. Is there a word limit imposed on abstract text?
Yes, abstract text must not exceed 650 words for an oral presentation or workshop submission. Poster submissions are limited to 250 words. The word count does not include the title, authors’ names or their affiliations which are entered in separate fields when submitting, tables/graphics and references.
3. Should I put the abstract title, authors and affiliations in body of my abstract?
No. These items will be collected separately during the abstract submission process.
4. Can I change my selected theme after I complete my submission?
Yes, you may return to your submission at any time prior to the abstract submission deadline to change the selected topic. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.
5. When is the submission deadline?
Monday 7 November 2022 (11:59pm AEST)
6. Can I make changes to my submission after the deadline?
No. The reviewers may request some changes be made to submissions after reviewing. You will be notified if this is required of your submission.
7. If I forget to add an author can I do so after the submission deadline?
Yes, you can still add an author if necessary, by emailing email@example.com. However, please make every attempt to add all authors during the abstract submission process.
8. When I submit, how do I indicate my presentation type (oral, workshop or poster)?
You will be asked to indicate your preference at the time of submission. While every attempt will be made to meet your preference, the number of abstracts that can be selected for oral presentation is limited. The Scientific Program Committee makes the final decision regarding presentation mode.
9. Is there a limit on the number of co-authors that I can add to my short abstract?
10. If I make a mistake during the submission process, do I need to start a new submission?
No. You can make changes to your abstract submission at any time prior to the submission deadline by logging into your eOrganiser Account and selecting the Edit button. Be sure to save your changes and resubmit your abstract.